Jim Crow Laws

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 18.05.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

I'm studying AS History at the moment under the module "Civil Rights in America." Topics include Rosa Parks, MLK, Malcom X, KKK and Jim crow laws/black codes. I'm just wondering if any Jim crow laws are still in force in any state in the US.
If anybody don't know what they are, they formal segregation laws based in the southern states to separate the races, i.e prohibited from marrying a black person if you are white person and vice-versa.

Well, provided that segregation was deemed unconstitutional by the Supreme Court of the United States, then don't you think those laws would no longer be in effect in any state of the US?

Plus why are you asking this on a Nintendo forum, that's not even in the US? I'm sure you remember when Cubed3's web address was cubed-3.co.uk, right?

Who are we? We are the Knights who say..... "Wii"!

Plus why are you asking this on a Nintendo forum, that's not even in the US? I'm sure you remember when Cubed3's web address was cubed-3.co.uk, right?

It's general discussion, so anything goes. Besides, despite C3's 'base', there are loads of US members.

DannyMac wrote:
Well, provided that segregation was deemed unconstitutional by the Supreme Court of the United States, then don't you think those laws would no longer be in effect in any state of the US?

Whoa... sorry for asking Smilie

DannyMac, its not your place to state what can and what cannot be posted.

This is a general topic area and these types of posts are very much welcome as they broaden a person's knowledge.

Also just because a law is decreed unconstitutional does not mean it no longer exists. There are many laws in various parts of Great Britain which have been over-ruled through laws such as those regarding Human Rights but they still exist.

Matthew Evans [ Writer :: Moderator :: King of Impartiality :: Lord of the 15min Thread ] As the wind blows the sand to cover the camel's tracks so does time move to cover the Lord's.
Rejoice for the Lord will taketh his quarter and give much back to his followers.

Uh-uh. No more Jim Crow laws. This is coming from someone in Arkansas, so take my word for it.

TAG: That American Guy

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:18

read this

[ Edited by link1130 on 2005/4/3 19:38 ]

I'm studying AS History at the moment under the module "Civil Rights in America." Topics include Rosa Parks, MLK, Malcom X, KKK and Jim crow laws/black codes. I'm just wondering if any Jim crow laws are still in force in any state in the US.

woooo, i did that last year Smilie
i have to say, the best bit of history i did too, or at least it was not as confusing as the others(stalin/russia-conflict in ireland etc) Smilie

link1130 wrote:
read this

[ Edited by link1130 on 2005/4/3 19:38 ]

Well that's weird...
Let me rephrase my first post then. Jim Crow laws are not the norm-BY FAR.
That's literally the first time I've heard of something like that.

TAG: That American Guy

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:18

DannyMac, its not your place to state what can and what cannot be posted.

I never stated anything of the sort! I'm merely asking why is he asking this on a Nintendo forum that's located in the UK. Even though the general discussion is open for anything, it seems weird asking this here. Honestly, this would be my last source for information on American History.

Gastrian, you said:

Also just because a law is decreed unconstitutional does not mean it no longer exists. There are many laws in various parts of Great Britain which have been over-ruled through laws such as those regarding Human Rights but they still exist.

Danny5876 said:

I'm just wondering if any Jim crow laws are still in force in any state in the US.

From link1130's link:

Gov. Bob Riley and others concerned about the state's image are urging voters to approve a constitutional amendment to strike the long-unenforceable language from the state constitution.

As it seems, Danny asked if any of the Jim Crow laws are still enforced--not if they still exist. I'm sure there's bits and pieces of unenforceable or out-of-date laws in every state's constitution.

Though, I did come off as kind of a bastard. I apologise, Danny.

[ Edited by DannyMac on 2005/4/4 3:15 ]

Who are we? We are the Knights who say..... "Wii"!

Though, I did come off as kind of a bastard. I apologise, Danny.
[ Edited by DannyMac on 2005/4/4 3:15 ]

It's fine mate Smilie. I know the answer to my question now Smilie. I find the whole concept of formal and informal segregation disgusting myself.

Welcome to the Official Forum Topic for Yomawari: Lost in the Dark (Nintendo Switch).

Discuss the game, share your thoughts, post pictures, videos and more.

C3 Bot

Used to process things automatically on Cubed3!!
Please contact jb if there are any problems with C3Bot!

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Ofisil

There are 1 members online at the moment.